Are you looking for post on how to open bank account in sbi online?
If yes then you are on the right place.
In this post I will be sharing with you how to open bank account in sbi online
So without wasting your time
Lets get started
How To Open Bank Account In SBI Online
1. Online Small & Basic Account Application Process In Brief
You may fill up an application online for opening a Small & Basic Savings Bank account. The process in brief would be as follows:
- Fill up and submit the required details online.
- Print the Account Opening Form (AOF) on A4 size white papers.
- Attach the required documents, such as photographs and proof of identity and address, as mentioned in the AOF.
- A SCRN (Small Customer Reference Number) will be generated, which please note down. SCRN will also be sent on the registered mobile number of the applicant(s).
The AOF can be filled at your convenience and fields that can be validated are checked for errors.
Time taken for opening of the account at the branch will get reduced as the data will already be available in the system.
The data will be submitted on a VeriSign secured site and the information will be encrypted before transmission.
3. Information That You Will Need to Provide
For opening an account, you need to provide the following information:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) information: The acceptable KYC documents are available through drop down menu in the AOF.
- Information about the Savings Bank account you wish to open and the facilities you would want in the account.
- Form 60, if you do not have Permanent Account Number (PAN) of Income Tax.
- Form DA-1 (optional), if you wish to make a nomination (recommended).
4. Documents That You Will Need to Provide
For each person who wishes to open the account, you will need to provide:
- 2 Recent passport-size colored photographs.
- KYC documents as mentioned in the AOF.
- If you give photocopies, please produce the original documents for verification when you visit our branch.
5. Step-by-Step Account Opening Process
Step 1: Fill the Customer Information Section
This section will have to be filled for each person wishing to open the account.
You must fill Part A first. Once you fill Part A and save the form, a Small Customer Reference Number (SCRN) will be generated which may please be noted. You will need it later to link the customer in the Account Opening Form.
Step 2: Fill the Account Information Section
This section will have to be filled for each account that you wish to open.
Once you fill the form, a Small Account Reference Number (SARN) will be generated which may please be noted. You will need it later to print the form.
After successful filling up of data in the account opening form, an SMS notification will be sent to 1st applicant’s mobile number along with the SARN.
6. FAQ’s on How to Open Bank Account in SBI Online
Q1: Who can submit information online for opening a Small & Basic Savings Bank account?
Ans : Any resident Indian desirous of opening a Small & Basic Savings Bank Account with any branch of State Bank of India.
Q2: Can I open an account jointly?
Ans :Yes. You may open an account jointly, with up to two applicants.
Q3: Will KYC documents be required for all account holders?
Ans :Yes. KYC documents in respect of all joint account holders will be required.
Q4: Can the KYC documents be different for the joint account holders?
Ans :Yes, provided each submits a set of KYC documents as stipulated by the Bank.
Q5: Can a minor submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account?
Ans :A minor may submit information online for opening a Savings Bank account provided he/she is more than 10 years old and can sign uniformly.
Q6: Can an account be opened in the names of more than three persons?
Ans :Yes, but in such cases you cannot submit the information online. Please approach the branch for opening such accounts.
Q7: Is there a time limit within which I must approach a branch after submitting the information online?
Ans :Yes, you must approach a branch within 30 days of submitting the information online. If the account is not opened within 30 days, your customer information will be deleted from our records.
Q8: I will have to submit my personal information online. Is it safe?
Ans :Yes. The page you will submitting your information is VeriSign secured and the information will be encrypted before transmission.
Q9: Can I submit the documents to the branch by email?
Ans :No. Each person who wishes to be an account holder will have to visit the branch personally, show his KYC documents, and sign the AOF in the presence of an authorized official of the Bank.
Q10: Can I submit the documents to any branch of SBI?
Ans :Yes. To locate a branch, use our Branch Locator. Once you have submitted the Account Opening Form to one branch, you will not be able to submit the same form to another branch.
Q11: I have forgotten the SARN. Can I retrieve it?
Ans :When the SARN is generated, it is also sent to you by SMS. If that SMS is not available with you, you will need to enter the information again and generate a new SARN.
I hope you found this post useful on “how to open bank account in sbi online”.