Top 5 Best Pressure Cookers in India
One of the heavily used kitchen equipment in the entire country, India is a pressure cooker.
There are many advantages of pressure cooking compared to the non-pressure cooking system.
And, that is the very reason for the effective use of pressure cookers all over the country.
It is a must-have kitchenware to cook delicious food on a daily basis.
Today, we will discuss a list of pressure cookers that are called the best in the country.
We consider various factors before deciding which brand and model makes to this list.
The working principle of a pressure cooker is simple; increasing the pressure and temperature inside the cooker without letting the steam to escape cooks the food easily and quickly.
The lid of the pressure cooker is equipped with a pop-up road which acts as a signal that the food is cooked.
It also whistles up when full pressure is attained which allows excess steam to escape.
Benefits of using a Pressure Cooker
There are many benefits of using a pressure cooker.
We will discuss the important ones here that will help us build the list too.
1. Time and Energy Saver
Pressure cooking saves 50 – 70% of the fuel used to cook irrespective of cooking gas or electricity usage.
It also cooks 30% faster than non-pressure cooking.
2. Healthy and Tasty
The steam pressure cooking retains most of the vitamins and flavors while cooking compared to the dry heat cooking.
You will find a taste variation between the two types of cooking as pressure cooked dishes taste good either boiled, simmered or braised.
With these two base factors, we will here select the best cookers available in the market and at a reasonable price range.
Now, the next step is dependent on you since the selection of a number of liters required along with the type of base material will be your decision to make.
There are two types of base materials used to manufacture pressure cookers – Aluminum or Stainless steel.
Both these materials have their own pros and cons.
Stainless steel is durable and comes with extra hardness but is expensive and heavy.
While Aluminum is lightweight and comparatively cheaper but you will have to compromise on the sturdiness of the kitchenware.
Technology has invented something called Hard Anodized Aluminum that improves durability and hardness with less possibility to corrode.
On a general note, the list is difficult to put together since the requirements of the consumers are not always the same.
However, we have tried to consider every possible factor while making this list of top brands with the latest technology embedded in the pressure cookers.
Top 5 Best Pressure Cookers in India 2019
1. Hawkins Futura Hard Anodized Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- Made with hard anodised aluminum non reactive with food, will not tarnish, stays looking new for years
- Base 6.35 Thick stays flat, suitable for all cooktops except induction
- Super fast cooking on average 46 percent faster than microwave cooking
- Fingertip steam cooking
- Inside fitting safety lid will not open until pressure falls
It is 1st in the list of best pressure cookers in india.
Hawkins is a veteran in the manufacture of cookware and has come up with this excellent model Futura.
Futura is manufactured from hard anodized Aluminum.
It doesn’t have the orthodox look of a cooker, rather comes with a premium look with its sleek design.
- Hard Anodized Aluminum doesn’t react to food
- Is durable and sturdy
- 6.35 Thick flat base is suitable for any cooktop apart from the induction stove
- Cooking is 46% quicker than a microwave
- Fingertip steam cooking
- Safety lid is installed that will only fall after the pressure is gone completely
- 3 Liter capacity
- 5 years of warranty
2. Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Handis
- Content: Deluxe Plus Induction Base Pressure Handi 3.3 L (Aluminium Hard Anodised)
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Made of premium grade Aluminium
- Designed for both induction and gas stove cooking
- Includes a pressure indicator for convenient cooking
It is 2nd in the list of best pressure cookers in india.
Another veteran in the cookware industry, Prestige introduced the Handi design that focuses on even spreading of heat all around the food.
Check out the specifications to see if this is what you are looking for.
- Hard Anodized Aluminum
- It works with both induction and gas stoves
- A pressure indicator helps to determine the cooking
- Uniform heating is achieved via heavy bottom
- Manufactured from Aluminum – Premium grade
3. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
- Hard anodised body with stainless steel lid
- Base flat diameter:130 mm
- Base thickness:3.25 mm
- Ideal for cooking for:3-4 Persons
It is 3rd in the list of best pressure cookers in india.
Another excellent product from Hawkins is the Contura models.
Check out the specifications to see what it has to offer.
- Body is made of Hard Anodized while the lid is stainless steel
- Heating is quicker due to the black body
- No corrosion or any reaction to food
- Retains its look for years
- Stirring is made easy with the curvy shape
- 5 years of warranty
4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Belita Hard Anodized Super Cooker Set
- Belita - a cook and serve pressure cooker kit having a unique and functional form inspired by traditional Indian 'handi' cookware
- 3 litres pot and a transparent lid made of toughened glass with stainless steel rim that adorns to serve-in-style, preserving the aroma and steaming hot cuisine
- A unique strainer made of food grade stainless steel, to ease draining hot water after boiling during cooking
- The pot is made of virgin aluminium and given a premium scratch resistant, metal spoon friendly, ceramic coating and it is induction cook-top compatible
- The pressure cooking lid is made of food grade stainless steel considering hygiene, durability, ease of maintenance and decor
It is 4th in the list of best pressure cookers in india.
We discussed the orthodox type cookers with the latest design and technology until now.
However, this model is a multi-purpose cooker set.
It comes with a normal lid and a strainer that helps in the cleaning process and draining hot water with ease.
- The capacity of this cooking set is 3 liters with a glass lid made from toughened glass and stainless-steel rim for preserving the aroma and steam
- The strainer is made from a food-grade stainless steel which helps in draining hot water once the cooking is done
- The pot is manufactured from virgin Aluminum with a scratch resistant and ceramic coating. Metal spoon friendly and compatible with induction stoves too.
- The lid is manufactured from food grade stainless which increases durability, ease of maintenance while maintaining hygiene
- It has two handles on either side making to make up for a compact cookware
- Hard Anodized Aluminum is the material
5. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Traditionally designed for a modern kitchen
- Highly durable stainless steel body that provides sturdiness
- Ensure durability and a firm grip due to the double screw handles
- The cooker is compliant on an induction top and a gas top as it comes with an Alpha base induction bottom
- Best suited for Indian delicacies
It is 5th in the list of best pressure cookers in india.
Another excellent product from Prestige with a more orthodox design, Deluxe Alpha model is quite heavy yet very durable.
It comes with Alpha base induction bottom and has controlled GRS.
- Pressure Indicator on the lid
- Controlled GRS
- Alpha base induction bottom
- Sturdy handles with double screws to increase durability
- Heavy body
- Made from Stainless steel
With the last Deluxe Alpha model from Prestige, these are the top 5 best pressure cookers in India.
You should now be able to make the smart choice to buy the one that suits your cooking style and fulfills all your kitchen needs.